Monday, March 23, 2009

Manic Monday

Its official.....Spring Break is over. (SOBS heard across Texas!!!) It was so dreadful this morning when the alarm went off and it was still so dark outside, no thanks to daylight savings time. My feet just didn't want to make it up the stairs to wake my sweet sleeping angels. UGH!! Mind you, it was 7:00 AM so it wasn't all that early, but that first morning back after vacation is always so hard.

Now that Spring Break is over, I am less than 2 weeks away from the Family Dance and Auction for my son's school that I am co-chairing. Talk about being Manic!!! One of the most favorite things that I get to do are the signs for the corporate donations that we receive. We put them on the cutest paper that has a theme for each donation. So if it is a Bar-B-Que dinner gift certificate, I put it on a cute western paper. If it is admissions to a water theme park, I look for a cute summer paper. I love to stand in front of the racks and look for just the right piece of stationary to put it on. Here are the ones that I am starting with.

There are a lot of duties that I can delegate to others, but I just love doing this part! The name of the store is called The Paper Lion in McKinney. They have the BEST stuff. I will probably go there about 5 more times by the time we are done. The computer tech at the school, Sharon Allen prints out the "copy" and does all the computer, font, logo work for me. She is just wonderful and not to mention, my sweet neighbor. This event takes a Village and the villagers are awesome and come armed with their sleeves rolled up ready to work. I am really excited this year because several of our local businesses that have donated things have also been gracious enough to donate extra little items that we are going to give to the volunteers that are helping us out. I am so grateful to the following businesses in helping me say thank you to our volunteers.

Strikz Bowling Alley in Frisco gave us one free hour of bowling for coupons for the volunteers.

Origins gave use little goody bags with mini facial samples along with a coupon for the volunteers to get a mini in store facial. Thanks Charla!!!

A quick update on March Madness. I was in the lead until yesterday and then Hubs took the lead from me. I really stunk it up when I picked Texas over Duke! What in the heck was I thinking?? I know better, but I guess I am a Texas loyal as they come, or at least Big 12 loyal. I have OU to go pretty far too. I picked Wake Forest like the rest of you and was shocked when they got beat. I did pick Siena and Dayton though!! Hehehe. Really bummed that Mississippi State didn't do better. Come on!! They won the SEC tournament. That had to mean something don't ya think?? Can't wait until Thursday to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment