Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Whole Megillah

It has been a while since I have gotten back around to posting and all I have done since I last posted was tell myself that certain things that my family has done have been "blog worthy". Today I started my bible study again and am so grateful for the wonderful Christian ladies that God has put into my life. My group has just started Beth Moore's newest study, Esther~Its Tough Being A Woman. This leads me to the title of my post...The Whole Megillah. I feel like there have been so many things that I want to share since the last time I was here that I need to share the "whole megillah" (translation...the whole story or at least the highlights of what has been going on.)



The A-Town Wreckin Crew
My hubby planned a really fun evening out with a group of our closest friends to go out to dinner and to play whirly ball. I wasn't sold on "whirly ball", but if it was going to get me a night out and dinner at my favorite restaurant Mi Cocina, I was in. What is whirly ball you ask? Good question. It is a combination of tennis,lacrosse, and basketball all while driving a bumper car! I will have to admit that it was alot of fun, but I realized how out of shape I was. I was exhausted from playing and we were practically riding in a buggy!! What is wrong with me?? I need to hit the pavement and start exercising!
We really did have a fun time and want to do it again!


My first born, Zack's baseball team is in the throws of getting ready for their season opening tournament. My sweet husband has practically consumed himself with getting the team ready. I have a really great picture of Shawn showing Zack his new jersey. This is the first time that he has had his name on the back of his baseball jersey and it is such a big deal! The boys earned their names by finishing their fall season undefeated. You know the saying..."if you look good, you play good". That needs to be the motto of the team because Shawn has made sure the boys have the best of everything!!

A big thanks to Nancy and Chris Tripucka at Eagle Designs for always having a smile on their faces when we come in to order uniforms and spirit wear. The always make it happen! It is like having an in-house outfitter! I don't know how we would have done it without them! One of the MANY blessings of living in a small town where everyone knows one another.

We also had a very fun night last Sunday night going to root on the Dallas Stars Hockey team. We have a wonderful friend that lives down the street, Geoff Moore and he is a big "muckdy muck" in the Dallas Stars Franchise. He always remembers us lowlies on the street and hooked us up with a suite to watch the game.
This is our suite at the game. Once you been treated like a VIP in is hard to go back to the cheap seats!! Thanks Goeff!

THE AAC ~The American Airline Center home of the Dallas Stars and Mavericks

Parking lot G!!! THANK YOU MR.MOORE!!! This is the best part of going to the game in my opinion. This sweet parking is right across the street. This is what makes you feel like a VIP


My Boys

We had one more very important event this week and that was the celebration of the 43rd anniversary of Shawn, my hubby's entrance into this world. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENNY!! We had a VERY low key celebration dinner of pulled pork sandwiches (one of his new favs), killer green chile dip and my famous banana pudding. Then he was off to a football coaches meeting. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!! GO PATRIOTS, or LONGHORNS, or COYOTES....which team is it??







No comments:

Post a Comment